November 05, 2012
We're looking for a software QA Engineer
Glance (www.glance.net) is looking for a QA Engineer. We're a small Internet company located in Arlington between Mass Ave and the Minuteman Bike Trail. We provide a simple, quick screen-sharing service for remote demos and presentations. We’re a bootstrapped company, cash-flow positive and growing. We have thousands of customers world-wide, including well-known names in the technology industry.
We’re looking to expand our QA team, particularly to support some new and existing web services. We’re looking for someone who wants a challenge and always likes to learn the latest technologies; who takes pride in shipping a polished, reliable product but also understands the urgency of getting something out the door.
- Experience in QA for a consumer or B2B SAAS product or web application, preferably on a small team in a small company.
- Expert at testing web sites and web applications, particularly web application security, stress testing and UI/UX testing.
- Familiarity with web testing tools, especially lower end or open source security and load testing tools is desired
- Experience with Windows and Windows application testing
- Experience with Macs and Mac application testing
- Familiarity with bug and defect tracking systems and QA/Release procedures
- Ability to create and write test plans
- Should be willing to interact with customers on escalated support calls or to reproduce or diagnose problems
- Familiarity with web and Internet technologies, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, proxy servers, firewalls, various browsers and settings, cookies
- Some experience with HTML/CSS, modern web site technologies
Any of these would be a plus:
- Familiarity with mobile operating systems (iOS, Android) and mobile web sites.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce AppExchange applications
- Experience using FreeBSD or other Unix variant
- SQL-Server database and SQL queries
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts on this position and links to your LinkedIn profile/resume/blog/twitter/whatever-you-got about you!
This is a full-time, on-site position, local candidates only please. We would only consider a contract if you’d be seriously interested in a contract-to-perm, no contract agencies please.