November 11, 2010
[VIDEO] Sales Prospecting and the Art of Improvisation | Tom Scontras Presents at Inside Sales Boston 2010
Ever think sales prospecting is a bit like Improv acting? So do we; and it turns out, there's lots to learn from the art of improv.
Tom Scontras, VP of Sales and Marketing at Glance presents tips to help you succeed, with special guest appearance by well-known Second City Improv actor, Alex Fendrich (otherwise, known as Glance's own "Don't Be That Guy" - Steve from Synthasaurus Software).
- Today's customers are totally overloaded and don't have time for you;
- Sales pros need to "stand out from the pack" of all the OTHER sales calls;
- Having a call plan is good, but...what happens when your prospect throws you a curve ball?
- That's where the art of improvisation comes in - become skilled at it;
- Plus...having industry knowledge gives you real confidence to improvise when needed.
- Finally, practice, practice, practice!
-- Carla Gates, Director, Marketing